GI sheet also known as the galvanized iron sheet is a commonly used cover sheet used in Pakistan. It is one of the low-cost solutions for roofing and shuttering with this it can be used for dozens of many other purposes.
GI sheets are made of iron and are flexible, due to their flexibility they are very easy to carry and install anywhere you want especially on the roof of a constructed home. GI sheets in terms of price are very much affordable, but their price also depends on the quality due to their large range available in the local market.
GI sheet rates
GI sheets and dimensions in Pakistan
|Unit Guage||Thickness / Mass||Unit Area Sheet Weight|
|30||0.0157 in||0.6563 pounds|
|29||0.0172 in||0.7188 pounds|
|28||0.0187 in||0.7813 pounds|
|27||0.0202 in||0.8438 pounds|
|26||0.0217 in||0.9063 pounds|
|25||0.0247 in||1.031 pounds|
|24||0.0376 in||1.156 pounds|
|23||0.0306 in||1.281 pounds|
|22||0.0336 in||1.406 pounds|
|21||0.0366 in||1.531 pounds|
|20||0.0396 in||1.656 pounds|
|19||0.0456 in||1.906 pounds|
|18||0.0516 in||2.156 pounds|
|17||0.0575 in||2.406 pounds|
|16||0.0635 in||2.656 pounds|
|15||0.0710 in||2.969 pounds|
|14||0.0785 in||3.281 pounds|
|13||0.934 in||3.906 pounds|
|12||0.1084 in||4.531 pounds|
|11||0.1233 in||5.561 pounds|
|10||0.1382 in||5.781 pounds|
|9||0.1532 in||6.406 pounds|
|8||0.1681 in||7.031 pounds|
Types of GI sheets
There are dozens of GI sheets available locally in Pakistan that can be used for multi-purposes accordingly. Following are some categories of Galvanized sheets you can choose according to your need:
- ST02Z GI Steel Sheet
- DX51D Corrugated GI Sheet
- DC51D GI Steel Sheet
- SGCC GI Sheet
- CS-B GI Sheet
- SECCN5 Gi sheet
- SECCN2 GI Sheet
- DX51D Steel Sheet
- DX51D-AZ150 Sheet with Aluminum Zinc Coating
- DX51D-AZ120 Aluminum Zinc Plated Sheet
All the prices for gi sheets are not exact, you may find the sheet at different rates depending on the geolocation in Pakistan from where actually you are purchasing the sheet. Some cities may have a little bit expensive some may have cheap, because of the different customs and transportation charges that sellers had paid.
Pros and cons of using GI sheet
- GI sheet is flexible and roll able, this features allow you to process many other techniques on it.
- GI Sheet is reflexive to sunlight and other lights, this quality of it dies not allwo it to catch high temperature like light absorbents or black color do.
- This sheet doea not get corroded because it has a zin and aluminum is used in coating of it.
- This sheet is a multiple-purpose sheet, can be used for dozens of purposes.
- This sheet is easily accessible in Pakistan, and you can get this in very reasonable price from anywhere in your local market.
- Natural minerals are used in, we should minimal use mineral made things in our daily lives and should be dependent on more organic stuff.
Is GI sheet heat resistant?
GI sheets are not heat resistant, only their light reflexive property made them stay at low temperature.
Always make sure for what purpose you are taking GI sheet from the market, if you think you are unable to identify your purpose for having this iron sheet, it is preferrable to discuss your need with someone expert related to this field. Sometimes bulk purchases are money loss if you don’t know much about the product and the actual problem you are going to solve.