Wheat rates in Pakistan play a great role in the economy, not only locally but internationally. All agriculture businesses relying on food products made from wheat including fast food chains and other processed food companies have to care about wheat prices on a daily or monthly basis or at the time when they buy stock for their production unit.
Pakistan is one of the largest wheat producers playing a vital role in the world economy and feeding millions of people around the globe. There are many countries that completely rely on such third-world countries including Pakistan for their basic food needs. Wheat prices do fluctuate but not as quickly as other products of the economy.
New wheat prices in Punjab, Sindh, and KP
|City / Region||Min Price||Max Price||Avg Price|
|Bunner||4800 PKR||5200 PKR||5000 PKR|
|DIK||4600 PKR||4900 PKR||4750 PKR|
|Peshawar||4650 PKR||4650 PKR||4650 PKR|
|Bahawalnagar||4600 PKR||4610 PKR||4605 PKR|
|Bahawalpur||4500 PKR||4649 PKR||4575 PKR|
|Burewala||4483 PKR||4560 PKR||4522 PKR|
|Chichawatni||4535 PKR||4590 PKR||4563 PKR|
|Chowk Azam||4400 PKR||4648 PKR||4524 PKR|
|DGK||4600 PKR||4650 PKR||4525 PKR|
|Dunga Bunga||4600 PKR||4625 PKR||4513 PKR|
|Faqirwala||4600 PKR||4605 PKR||4603 PKR|
|Fort Abbas||4600 PKR||4600 PKR||4600 PKR|
|Harunabad||4600 PKR||4637 PKR||4619 PKR|
|Hasilpur||4570 PKR||4575 PKR||4673 PKR|
|Khanpur||4640 PKR||4650 PKR||4645 PKR|
|Layyah||4640 PKR||4650 PKR||4645 PKR|
|Mian Channu||4450 PKR||4629 PKR||4490 PKR|
|Pattoki||4450 PKR||4620 PKR||4485 PKR|
|RYK||4625 PKR||4733 PKR||4679 PKR|
|Rajanpur||4600 PKR||4610 PKR||4605 PKR|
|Sadiqabad||4675 PKR||4730 PKR||4703 PKR|
|Sahiwal||4500 PKR||4613 PKR||4557 PKR|
|Toba Tek Singh||4525 PKR||4550 PKR||4538 PKR|
|Yazman Mundi||4600 PKR||4637 PKR||4619 PKR|
|Hyderabad||5080 PKR||5100 PKR||5090 PKR|
|Karachi||5120 PKR||5120 PKR||5120 PKR|
|Nawab Shah||4960 PKR||5000 PKR||4980 PKR|
|Sukkur||4950 PKR||5020 PKR||4985 PKR|
|Sakrand||5120 PKR||5120 PKR||5120 PKR|
|Shikarpur||5120 PKR||5120 PKR||5120 PKR|
related: cotton price in pakistan
Wheat suppliers in Pakistan
As Pakistan is one of the largest wheat producers in Asian countries, for this reason, there is a huge number of wheat suppliers in Pakistan working for both local and international markets. Following are some wheat providers in Pakistan:
- Umar Enterprises
- Mujeeb Enterprises
- Fatima Trading Company
- Khalid & Sons Traders
- Sher Traders
- Alpha Enterprises
- Syed Usman Corporations
- I&K Enterprises
- Sunrise Enterprises
- Shahzad Impex Enterprises
- Azaan Amir Enterprises
- Sudais Shinwari Traders
- Moonlight Traders
- Diamond International Traders
Types of wheat
There are about 50 types of wheat that exist in Pakistan, all these categories are named on the basis of their researchers and research held on them in local research laboratories of the country. 98% of the whole wheat crop yield is taken from the Punjab province. Following are wheat types with their release dates:
- Akbar (2019)
- Anaj (2017)
- Barani (2017)
- Ujala (2016)
- Fateh Jang (2016)
- Ehsan (2016)
- Galaxy (2013)
- AARI (2011)
- Punjab (2011)
- Millat (2011)
- Lasani (2008)
- Seher (2006)
- Shafaq (2006
- AS (2002)
- SH (2002)
- Uqab (2000)
- Chenab (2000)
- Iqbal (2000)
- Kohistan (1998)
- Durum (1998)
Dos and Donts while purchasing wheat
- You must be clear about the purpose for what you are purchasing wheat, whether it is for personal or commercial use.
- In case you are buying wheat for commercial purposes, try to understand your customer’s needs in detail in order to provide the right wheat type to your customer.
- If you are into the wheat business, try to research this business in detail in order to increase your success chances of it.
- If you think you are new to this business, you must get expert advice before taking any big step in this industry.
- Suppose you are a wheat exporter to foreign countries, and never ever deliver low-quality wheat to your clients overseas, this hurts the image of Pakistan in the international market.
- In case you are in a local food business in which wheat is required or plays the primary role ingredient, you must know the wheat type you are going to use in your business, otherwise, disasters can be a chance in any business.
- Don’t buy low-quality or hybrid wheat and sell it like the original.
- Never hide the genetics of the wheat you are selling to your final customer.
- Don’t buy wheat in bulk instantly, try to buy a small portion first in order to test it as a sample.
- If you have purchased wheat in bulk, never underestimate the power of food safety to save your stock from getting ruined by food poisoning.
What is the price for 1 kg wheat in Pakistan?
The wheat price for one KG normally fluctuates around 160 PKR in the Pakistani market.
How much wheat does Pakistan produce every year?
Overall wheat production of Pakistan in the year 2020 was reached around 27000 tons.
What is wheat seed rate per acre in Pakistan?
For wheat growing, a 50 kg seed is required for per acre of land in Pakistan.
Not in Pakistan only, but this rule of thumb applies everywhere in the world: if you buy any material raw or processed in bulk, you will get it at a discounted price than a single unit. If you going to purchase wheat in bulk for any of your project or food companies and you think you are new to the industry, then do consult with an expert, it will save you from disasters and save your resources.